The Boys and Girls Clubs of Saskatoon has been chosen to operate the 90-space child care centre in the new joint-use school facilities in Evergreen. Registration and waiting lists will open at noon on April 1, 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will the child care centre open at the joint-use school? The child care centre is expected to open by fall 2017.
- Will the child care centre be open to anyone or just families who live in that neighbourhood? The child care centre will be open to all families; however, children residing in the school community, as well as those with siblings enrolled in the joint-use school will be prioritized.
- How many spots will there be for infants, toddler or school-aged children at the child care centre? The centre is designed to accomodate 90 spaces: 12 infants (less than 18 months), 25 toddlers (18-25 months), and 53 preschool aged children (30 months up to and including Kindergarten).
- What will be the process to get my child’s name on the list? Registration will open at noon on April 1. Parents can contact the Boys and Girls Clubs of Saskatoon directly for registration information.
- What are the fees for the child care in the new joint-use schools? Fees will be determined by the operator of the child care centre, not the school or division.
- I’m planning to enroll my child in Kindergarten. Can I get a child care spot for the other non-school days? Boys
and Girls Clubs of Saskatoon will be establishing the availability of child care for Kindergarten children.
- Is there a before and after school program? School divisions intend to have before and after school programs available for students. A discernment process is currently underway.